Saturday, January 5, 2008

Forget Not All His Benefits













Cameron and Shanley left for Haiti this morning. I wandered downstairs this morning feeling lonesome for my two oldest and wishing I too was heading to Haiti to see Spendy. As I went to make a pot of coffee, I found a note from Shan written with a Sharpie on a paper towel. It said:

Mom-
His mercies are new every morning. But it seems like this one especially-"Spend, here we come!"
Tonight, when you're eating dinner, I'll be feeding picky-boy. :)
Praying for you as you are for me and so thankful for you!
See you in 8 days-
-Pook

They will be down there until next Sat., Jan. 12th. On the 12th, Shanley will be flying back to NY to live at home and go to Broome Community College for the Spring semester. Cameron will be heading back to The Masters College in California to finish out his Junior year. They are both such a blessing to Ted and me. It was hard for us to say good-bye to Cameron, knowing we have to wait until May to see his scruffy face again, but we are so thankful that today he will meet Spendy and the other kids at the Three Angels Orphanage.

We all had a great Christmas vacation. We slept in, watched movies, had intense conversations over dinner or morning coffee, laughed hard, cried, encouraged one another, annoyed one another, cheered Ryan on at his basketball games, watched the boys have snow ball fights and wrestle, ate lots of good food, read, studied, and last night celebrated my 45th birthday together.

This week I have been meditating on Psalm 103:1-4, "Bless the LORD, O my soul; and all that is within me, bless His holy name! Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all His benefits: Who forgives all your iniquities, who heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from destruction, who crowns you with lovingkindness and tender mercies."

5 comments:

angela said...

excellent passage!! what a blessing your family is! praise God for His provisions. i can't wait to hear about their trip!

Kathy Eden said...

You have a wonderful family. It so encouraging to hear about how you all support & love one another. Spendy is going to be so blessed to be a part of it. I can't wait to hear about their trip.

nvmerqer said...

Hello dear friend-
Sorry we missed the big 45. you have been on our hearts and in our prayers much. There is to much to say - especially with my weak typing skills. I wanted to say Hi and let you know I checked in . we love you and your HUNK of a man.
EDEB
Ps Nice Header - Someone should put that on a rock

livingpurereligion said...

So glad to know that your kids are with Spendy right now! Any word on Lizette?

Praying for you guys!

CG said...

He really is wonderful, isn't He? His benefits are tremendous.

I loved seeing your kids. The family resemblances are quite striking!