Thursday, January 17, 2008

"My Purpose will be established"

We received this email from our friend, Julie Olender, earlier this week:

Tina and Ted-
We continue to be updated by your blog – and we continue to pray God’s will for Spendy,
and peace to your family through His written Word.

You will keep him in perfect peace,
Whose mind is stayed on You,
Because he trusts in You. (Isaiah 26:3)

These are a few of the passages that encouraged me as we waited those three years to find out if our Jay would stay.
We all kept reminding ourselves that we only wanted God’s will, and if His perfect will meant returning Jay to his birth mother,
then we had to be ready to let go and accept God’s “perfect” plan for him (and our family). Easy to say, painful to live out.

“. . .For I am God and there is no other;
I am God and there is no one like Me.
Declaring the end from the beginning,
And from ancient times things which have not been done,
Saying, ‘My purpose will be established, and I will accomplish all My good pleasure’;” (Isaiah 46:9,10)

How marvelous it is that we serve a God that provides us truth to meditate on as a vehicle for peace to our hearts through uncertainty.
It is truly well with our souls when we can face adversity with the attitude James had as he penned those insightful words, “count it all
joy when you fall into various trials. . .” Praise God that “no plan of His can be thwarted.” (Job 42:2)

God’s love and blessings to your family. Standing with you in prayer.
Because He lives - jules


Today I pulled up Julie's email and read it again. I needed to read it again, needed to be reminded to keep my mind stayed on God, needed to remember that God is God and there is no other like Him. His purposes in our life, in Spendy's, in Spendy's mother's life will not be thwarted. He will accomplish all His good pleasure.

I needed the reminder because last night we received hard news. Spendy's mom is again not wanting to sign. So here we are waiting....things could go in several different directions at this point...too many for me to speculate on.

Thank you all for your prayers.

4 comments:

Katie said...

Hi Aunt Tina,

Thanks for the update. My whole department is praying for you all and Spendy and Lisette.

He will keep you strong to the end, so that you will be blameless on the day of our Lord Jesus Christ. God, who has called you into fellowship with his son Jesus Christ our Lord, is faithful. 1 Cor. 1:8-9

CG said...

What a precious letter from your friend.

We will continue lifting you all up in prayer.

John 14:27 - Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

Kathy Eden said...

Some very insightful words & scripture verses. We continue to pray for you. {{{ Hugs }}}

livingpurereligion said...

That verse in Isaiah has been such a source of comfort and encouragement to us too, throughout this adoption process.

To feel the peace that so clearly can only come from Him, in the midst of this long and difficult process, is a peace that surpasses all understanding.

I am praying that God will continually give your rivers of peace, as you trust Him to accomplish His good and perfect will for your family.

Here's another one of my favorite verses from Isaiah:
"When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire you will not be burned." Isaiah 43:2