Thursday, January 10, 2008

Sending Help My Way

This has been a time of struggle for me, for us, on many fronts. Spendy being just one of them. Friday, Jan. 11th, his birth mother is supposed to come to the orphanage for a meeting. Will this mean she will decide to sign the paper work at DHS? We do not know. It seems there is not much I know right now, except today and the truth of who God is. That needs to be enough, just like it needed to be enough for Abraham and Sarah and David, and the people who are all over the pages of Scripture. My friend, Bonnie called last night (she has adopted a daughter from Romania), and she said we had been on her heart. She prayed over the phone, while I cried, and let her words soak in. She prayed that God would open or close the door of our adoption of Spendy through his birth mother. She reminded me that God knows what is best, that He is good. My other friend Kim sent Scriptures that described how Ted and I have been feeling....an accident? I think not. I have asked each morning this week for the Lord to send His help my way, and He has. Kim was His instrument last night, as was Bonnie. I am learning to endure, to be patient, to have self-control, to trust, and it is hard, but good.

Kim's verses:

"Their courage melted away in their evil plight;
they reeled and staggered like drunken men and were at their wits' end.
Then they cried to the LORD in their trouble,
and He delivered them from their distress.
He made the storm be still,
and the waves of the sea were hushed.
Then they were glad that the waters were quiet,
and He brought them to their desired haven."
Psalm 107:26b-30

"My flesh and my heart may fail,
but God is the strength of my heart
and my portion forever."
Psalm 73:26

"But for me it is good to be near God;
I have made the LORD GOD my refuge,
that I may tell of all your works."
Psalm 73:28

5 comments:

Kathy Eden said...

You, Ted, Spendy, & Spendy's birthmother have been on my heart all week. I have been praying & continue to pray. {{{ Hugs }}}

angela said...

"he made the storm be still!"

scripture is so powerful!! we're praying!

Angela said...

Praying for you this morning!!!

livingpurereligion said...

Know that you are covered in prayer! You were in our thoughts and prayers all day today!

CG said...

Wonderful scriptures. I have checked your blog several times today in hopes of an update. Our prayers are with you, dear friends!